Seeds of Destiny 24th December 2021 SOD Devotional | Guide By Dr. Paul Enenche
TOPIC: Succeeding With God
SCRIPTURE: Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh… Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. – Jeremiah 17:5-7
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: For as long as a man continues to look up to another man, his frustration continues.
Seeds of Destiny 24th December 2021 SOD Devotional Message
There are so many people in church for donkey years who are wondering why nothing has changed in their lives. The truth is, there are secrets to succeeding with God that many Christians in this category are either not yet aware of or are not putting into practice.
Today we shall be looking at some of those secrets.
Now, what does it take for a person to succeed or prevail with God?
1. To succeed with God, you must look away from fellow man. God cursed any man who put his trust in a fellow man. It is not a blessing for a person to put his trust in another man. For as long as a man continues to look up to another man, his frustration continues. For as long as Rachael looked up to her husband for a child, the barrenness continued (Genesis 30:1-2). And who we look up to is manifested in the way we talk and the way we live or act.
2. To succeed with God, you must refuse to rely on your own strength. You must allow God to fight for you. Every time you take your battle in your own hands, you have taken that battle out of the hands of God.
3. To succeed with God, you must allow Him to have your heart (Jeremiah 17:5-7). Do you want to see the glory, the anointing and the manifestation of God like never before? Then, never allow anything under heaven to take your heart away from God.
Beloved, if you have made up your mind that failure, frustration, and struggle must stop in your life, then you must look away completely from man and look up to God.
REMEMBER THIS: For as long as a man continues to look up to another man, his frustration continues.
1. Look away from man, look away from your abilities; look up to God for everything.
2. Never tell a fellow man: “You are my only hope.”
3. Cast all your cares upon the Lord.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: SUCCEEDING WITH GOD
PRAYER: Lord, my trust is absolutely in You. I have no other source of help apart from You Lord. And I believe that You are working out everything in my favour, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
DAILY BIBLE READING: 3 John – Revelation 1
QUOTE: You may lose anything in life, but one thing you must never lose is the Presence of God. Culled from 30 SECRETS TO THE TOP by Dr Paul Enenche.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Every spell of failure is broken. Success is your portion in Jesus’ Name.
REFLECTION: Looking away from God is looking away from good. Looking up to man is linking up with failure.
Seeds of Destiny 24th December 2021 SOD Devotional Guide was written by Pastor Paul Enenche of the Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Pastor Paul and Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors.