Open Heaven Teens 27 July 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor E.A Adeboye
MEMORISE: And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD’s: it is holy unto the LORD. – Leviticus 27:30
READ: Malachi 3:7-12
7. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
MESSAGE: I had a baker friend who refused all teachings on tithing. He told me he hated the book of Malachi. Not long after, his members of staff went on holidays and none returned. When he came for prayers, I told him the problem was due to his non-payment of tithe and he promised he would begin when his business was revived. Two days later, he had fresh applicants for different positions and the bakery re-opened. Since then, he has been paying his tithe.
My dear child, tithing is a test of your obedience to Gods word, He wants to check if you will trust him with your finances. As a student who receives pocket money, you can give 10% of it as tithe in your place of worship. And if you make extra money from services you render through your skill, calculate it by the end of the month and give God a tithe.
If you were given a gift of money too, you should pay tithe. This will help you to develop a giving mindset and also bring multiplication to your finances.
KEY POINTS: Paying of tithe insures your finances against devourers.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Psalms 50:1-23 , Psalms 51:1-19 , Psalms 52:1-9 , Acts 27:1-44
HYMN: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who
will trust and obey.
Trust and obey!
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while
we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
For the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and
Open Heaven Teens 27 July 2021 Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries