Open Heaven For Today 12 October 2021 – Victory Through Holiness
TOPIC: Victory Through Holiness
MEMORISE: Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
READ: Daniel 6:19-23
19. Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions.
20. And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?
21. Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
22. My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
23. Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God.
Open Heaven For Today 12 October 2021 Message
There is victory in holiness. When the eyes of a child of God are opened to this revelation, he or she would begin to live righteously. Today’s memory verse presents a two-edged sword of the truth: while righteousness exalts a nation, sin or unrighteousness brings reproach that comes in the form of defeat to a people.In today’s Bible reading, Daniel said:
“My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.”
Here is victory in holy living, confirmed by the testimony of the prophet.The Bible says in Hebrews 1:9
“Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.”
Heaven and earth shall pass away but the word of God shall remain, according to our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:35 . Some Christians claim that it is impossible to live holy. Like I always tell my children in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, the fact that you are not living holy does not mean it is impossible to do so. The Bible says:
“Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
“1 John 3:7-8”
A person is either holy or sinful there is no midpoint. No sinner will make it to heaven. For this reason, Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil in our lives. You are righteous by grace. This grace is what removes boasting because it is not you but Christ in you.
This however, does not make us deny that God helps people to live holy. Pray earnestly for the grace to live holy because of the blessings that come with it. Daniel triumphed over all his enemies; they perished in his place because of his life of holiness! I pray that the grace to live holy will come upon you today and you will live every day in victory from now, in Jesus name.
Father,please help me to live a life that is holy unto You, in the mighty name of Jesus
HYMN: Conquerors and overcomers now are we
1. Conquerors and overcomers now are we
Thro’ the precious blood of Christ we’ve victory,
If the Lord be for us, we can never fail;
Nothing ‘gainst his mighty pow’r can e’er prevail.
Conquerors are we,
thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood;
God will give us victory,
thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood,
Thro’ the Lamb for sinners slain,
Yet who lives and reigns again,
More than conquerors are we,
More than conquerors are we.
2. In the name of Israel’s God we’ll onward press,
Overcoming sin and all unrighteousness;
Not to us, but unto him the praise shall be,
For salvation and for blood-bought victory.
3. Unto him that overcometh shall be giv’n
Here to eat of hidden manna
sent from heav’n;
Over yonder he the victor’s palm shall bear,
And a robe of white, and golden
crown shall wear.
Open Heaven for Today 12 October 2021 Daily Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries