Topic: Don’t Be Intimidated
Memorise: Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4
READ: Matthew 6:25-34
25. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26. Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28. And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32. (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Open Heaven For Teens 12 October 2021 Message
Life is filled with many intimidating situations that tend to make one worry or fearful. This dangerous state hinders one from pursuing Gods purpose for ones life as one assumes theres nothing else to live for. You are not the first to feel this way, for instance, Prophet Elijah was once intimidated by queen Jezebel, he was so afraid that he begged God to take his life.
Apostle Paul was also intimidated by a thorn in his flesh but he received grace from God to keep firing on and pursuing Gods purpose for humanity against all odds.Like the latter, you can draw strength and confidence from Gods word to help stay on top any situation posed to you. As someone once said when life throws lemons at you, choose to make lemonades from them.
But you need to stand on Gods word and His promises for your life because the possibility of making something great out of your challenges is slim outside Gods word. Also, consider 2 Timothy 1:7 which says: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
Make a list of your worries, search for Bible passages that counter them, paste on your walls and confess daily.
Bible in One Year
Isaiah 48:1-22 , Isaiah 49:1-26 , Colossians 4:1-18
HYMN: When we walk with the Lord
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who
will trust and obey.
Trust and obey!
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while
we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
For the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Open Heaven for Teens 12 October 2021 Daily Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.