Topic: Cumbered With Depression?
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
1 Kings 19:1-8
1. And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
2. Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
3. And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.
4. But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
5. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.
6. And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again.
7. And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee.
8. And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.
Open Heaven For Teens 10th October 2021 Message
Depression is a deep sense of discouragement and sadness which is often linked with loss of interest in living. Some common symptoms include self-condemnation, deep sorrow and a desire to end ones life. I would like you to know some things today. First, depression is an activity of a demon; It is a sign of demonic oppression.
Second, depression often leads to suicide. Believe me, any one who commits suicide will go to hell because he/she destroyed the body that he/she didn’t create. Third, there is no problem that does not have a solution. No matter how bad the situation is, there is a way out. Just ask God.Its so painful to hear that young people commit suicide.
Nothing at all should make you do this. So, rather than allow deep sorrow to control you, let the Holy Spirit take charge of your life. He is the source of joy.
Never give room for the devil. Rejoice in the Lord always.
Bible in One Year
Isaiah 43:1-28 , Isaiah 44:1-28 , Colossians 2:1-23
HYMN: Be Glad in the Lord and Rejoice
1. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice,
All ye that are upright in heart;
And ye that have made
Him your choice,
Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!
2. Be joyful for He is the Lord,
On earth and in Heaven supreme;
He fashions and rules
by His word; The “Mighty” and “Strong”
3. What though in the conflict
Your enemies almost prevail,
God’s armies, just hid
from your sight,
Are more than the foes
4. Though darkness surround
you by day,
Your sky by the night
Let nothing your spirit dismay,
But trust till the danger is past.
5. Be glad in the Lord
His praises proclaiming
With harp, and with
organ and voice,
The loud hallelujahs prolong!
Open Heaven for Teens 10th October 2021 Daily Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.