Open Heaven 24 August 2021 Tuesday Devotional Guide By Pastor E A Adeboye
Topic: When You Need A Revival
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 2 Corinthians 7:10
Read: Psalms 51:1-12
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
RCCG Open Heaven 24th August 2021 Message
Many people are in need of revival, yet have not been able to access it because of pride. The need for revival which brings about spiritual restoration comes on the heels of spiritual decay. A lot of things could be responsible for spiritual decay. One of it is disobedience. The Bible says that when Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they lost their fellowship with Him. Before the fall, the Bible says the man and his wife were naked, but not ashamed (Genesis 2:25 ).
After the fall however, the Bible says that their eyes were opened enlightened (Genesis 3:7-8 ), and they became ashamed.There are many lessons we can learn from the above cited Scripture. One, spiritual decay leads to the exposure of nakedness and shame. Shame is the opposite of glory. Spiritual decay is the cause of all kinds of sin; it is what accounts for many women dressing in revealing clothes, as they strive to attract men, luring them into sexual immorality.
In the same vein, many men engage in sexual immorality both before and even in the course of their marriages. You will never behave in such a way when the glory of God is upon you. Indeed, the Bible says:
“The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.”
When someone loses his or her spirituality, the voice of the Lord becomes fearsome to the fellow. He or she becomes resistant to the word of the Lord. At the end of the day, such people run from their Bible-believing Church to so-called churches where deceit is the order of the day. Such people need spiritual restoration. The problem with such people, however, is their pride which will not allow them to follow Davids example in his response to the message from God through prophet Nathan in 2 Samuel 12:1-13 . David acknowledged his sins and God forgave and restored him. The product of this story is found in the text of today which reads in part:
“Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.”
Beloved, are you spiritually cold? Have you lost some of the spiritual gifts that make you radiate the glory of the Lord? All you need is to call on Jesus Christ with every sense of humility. He will restore you speedily.
Father, please forgive me of the sins that have taken away the joy of my salvation. Restore to me Your Spirit of liberty, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Bible in One Year
Psalms 125:1-5 , Psalms 126:1-6 , Psalms 127:1-5
RCCG Open Heaven 24 August 2021 Hymns
I’VE A MESSAGE FROM THE LORD, HALLELUJAH!
1. I’ve a message from the Lord, Hallelujah!
The message unto you I’ll give,
’Tis recorded in His Word, Hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.
“Look and live,” my brother, live,
Look to Jesus now and live;
’Tis recorded in His Word, Hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.”
2. I’ve a message full of love, Hallelujah!
A message, O my friend, for you,
’Tis a message from above, Hallelujah!
Jesus said it, and I know ’tis true.
3. Life is offered unto you, Hallelujah!
Eternal life your soul shall have
If you’ll only look to Him, Hallelujah!
Look to Jesus, who alone can save.
4. I will tell you how I came, Hallelujah!
To Jesus when He made me whole:
’Twas believing on His name, Hallelujah!
I trusted and He saved my soul.
Open Heaven 24 August 2021 Tuesday Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries