Topic: Choose The God Of Exploits
There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Read: Joshua 1:3-8
3. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
5. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6. Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
8. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
RCCG Open Heaven 17th August 2021 Message
There are challenges in this world. This is what Job pondered upon that made him conclude that:
“Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble”
However, we have the Lords assurance in Psalms 46:1-2 ,4-5 that:
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea…There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.”
When we surrender our lives to God, He takes it up from there and becomes our ready Help. Beloved, who is your pillar of support? If it is God, I congratulate you, but if it is someone or something else, it is unfortunate. The Bible says:
“Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.”
Our memory verse of today is very assuring. This is an unfailing promise to all of Gods children. As I have taught my children in the Lord on several occasions, if God be for us, the only person who can be against us is our very selves. God has no problem helping man but He gave him a free will. Thus, to access the help of God, man must ask. The Bible says:
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:”
The good news is that God has given us His Spirit to guard and guide us into the truth that we need to know, in order to make the right choice. Jesus Himself said:
“…I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Surrender yourself to God through Jesus Christ, our Lord, and you will do exploits indeed. All the powers of darkness blocking your way to success and breakthroughs shall be destroyed in Jesus name.
Search your life and see if there is anything in it that is offensive to God.Get rid of it and accept Jesus as your Lord if you are yet to do so.
Bible in One Year
Psalms 108:1-13 , Psalms 109:1-31 , Psalms 110:1-7
GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS, O GOD MY FATHER
1. Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
there is no shadow of turning with thee;
thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail
as thou hast been thou forever wilt be.
Great is thy faithfulness!
Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see:
all I have needed thy hand hath provided–
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
2. Summer and winter and springtime and
sun, moon, and stars in their courses above
join with all nature in manifold witness
to thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.
3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Open Heaven 17th August 2021 Tuesday Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries