TOPIC: The Bill & Melinda Gates Divorce
BASIC SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 15:16-28
28 The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, But the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil.
ODM Devotional for 25 September 2021 Message:
One of the richest men in the world, Bill Gates, and his wife Melinda Gates, decided to end their marriage after 27 years. The real reasons for this are unknown but they decided to go their separate ways for the benefit of each other. But the Holy Ghost wants us to learn some lessons from this:
1. MONEY IS IMPORTANT BUT IT IS NOT EVERYTHING IN A RELATIONSHIP! The GATES had money in AMPLE AMOUNTS but that did not guarantee marital happiness.
2. Money is crucial but ENDURANCE and PEACE OF MIND is more than money!
3. GREED can start a marriage AND it takes only GOD to show you if your partner is GREEDY and is after you for wealth or any other reason and not for LOVE!
4. Marriage is not PUBLIC appearance! Marriage is what happens INTERNALLY between two people. The GATES appeared VERY HAPPY to the human world but had secret fights.
5. Do not ENVY those who seem so successful and happy! LIFE IS TURN BY TURN AND YOUR OWN SEASON WILL COME!
6. Two cannot walk together unless they agree! Do not force yourself to walk with people because of money or things you stand to gain. Many have died because of this.
Proverbs 15: 17 (Amp) says: “Better is a dinner of vegetables and herbs where love is present than a fattened ox served with hatred.” Don’t rush into marriage because of material things! Marry for love!
Determine to be a relationship builder! Even if you have been divorced or failed before, DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR GREATER TOMORROW! It could mean you made a mistake and your best is yet to come! But the best option is to determine to work on your marriage or courtship. MARRIAGE IS WORK! WORK and WORK!
Determine to forgive! Divorce and remarriage are possible but not easy options! Close with B. F. Skinner: “A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.” Remember Bill and Melinda Gates and learn! Peace of mind is greater than money! Pray now!
5PM TODAY – MOTIVATION WEEKEND WITH BISHOP CHRIS Theme: “RELATIONSHIP ISSUES – SINGLES, MARRIED; STOPPING DELAY IN MARITAL HARVEST” Time: 5.00 p.m. (Nigeria time). Connect Via Facebook: “ourdailymannaworldwide.” A new thing will happen!
1. Take Song 3: What a friend we have…
2. Pray about today’s word as led now.
3. Lord, I receive grace to be a RELATIONSHIP BUILDER!
4. Pray about all your relationships today! Mention names of your fiancé/fiancee, spouse, children, friends, etc.
5. Scatter satanic arrows against your marital destiny or relationships.
6. Pray for your children AND GRANDCHILDREN TODAY!
7. UPROOT 3 DEATHS IN THE NEXT ONE WEEK!
8. Pray THE PRAYERS in the 403 section concerning marriages or relationships.
Our Daily Manna 25 September 2021 ODM Devotional Message. Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe (author of ODM) is a dynamic man of God with strong prophetic, healing, preaching and teaching ministries. Since he met the Lord and got born again on February 3rd 1976, as a student at the prestigious government college Ughelli, Delta State of Nigeria, he has been preaching the word in Creeks, Villages and Cities with signs following.