In Touch Daily Devotional 6th November 2021 | Dr. Charles Stanley | Today’s Message
Topic: Seek the Lord
Today’s Scripture: Psalm 27:4-8
4) One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple.
5) For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.
6) And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
7) Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice, And be gracious to me and answer me.
8) When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You, “Your face, O LORD, I shall seek.”
In Touch Daily Devotional 6th November 2021 | Dr. Charles Stanley
My life was radically influenced by the example of my grandfather, a man who wholeheartedly sought the Lord. I wanted the same kind of relationship with God, and I knew the only way this would happen was if I too earnestly sought Him. All these years later, I can truthfully say that the most exciting aspect of my life is coming before the Lord in intimate fellowship.
This kind of relationship doesn’t happen automatically. It’s not something that can be achieved in an inspiring weekend conference, nor can it be accomplished by reading a chapter or two in the Bible and praying for 10 minutes a day. Seeking God is a lifetime pursuit.
Too many believers are satisfied by a shallow relationship with God. They’ll seek answers to prayer or relief in times of suffering but are unwilling to diligently seek Him—day by day—through His Word and prayer. Forfeiting this great blessing is a tragedy.
Seeking the Lord simply cannot be hurried. It will cost you time and energy, but the rewards of knowing Him intimately are worth any sacrifice. Are you willing to make the necessary effort?
Bible in One Year: John 14-16
In Touch Daily Devotional 6th November 2021 | Message By Dr. Charles Stanley. He is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries, both located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Stanley’s heart’s desire is to get the gospel to “as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, as irresistibly as possible, through the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God.