In Touch Daily Devotional 31 July 2021 – The Grace to Overcome
Topic: The Grace to Overcome
Today’s Scripture: Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.
16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
In Touch Daily Devotional 31 July 2021 Message
The Lord said that though adversity is part of earthly life, He has overcome the world (John 16:33). And because of God’s abundant goodness, kindness, and love for His children, we don’t have to feel discouraged or walk away from His plan.
We’ll know His divine grace divine grace is working in us when we have …
• Strength to persevere. Through the Holy Spirit, God releases His power into us so we might endure (Acts 1:8).
• A spirit of confidence. The Lord understands our troubles and urges us to approach Him boldly for help (Heb. 4:15-16).
• A sense of His presence. When grace is at work, we will be conscious of the Spirit’s abiding support.
• A focus on God. With divine help, we can shift our attention from our situation to God.
• Trust that God will bring us through—and not just barely but with deeper intimacy and greater faith at the end.
• Assurance of God’s sovereignty. We trust that He’s in control of our trials and will provide all we need in order to endure (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Paul had been through shipwrecks, imprisonments, and beatings—difficulties far worse than most of ours. He didn’t quit because he drew on God’s grace and found it sufficient for every circumstance. Where do you need some grace in order not to give up and walk away?
Bible in One Year: Isaiah 36-39
In Touch Daily Devotional 31 July 2021 Message. Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries, both located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Stanley’s heart’s desire is to get the gospel to “as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, as irresistibly as possible, through the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God.